Date: September 5, 2018
Place: Astana, Kazakhstan
AWCCI attended the Regional Conference on Women’s Empowerment in Afghanistan in Astana, Kazakhstan on September 5, 2018. It was a high-level regional follow-up to the previous events on women’s empowerment in Afghanistan held over the past few years including the annual Afghan women Symposium and Special Events on Empowering Women Entrepreneurs held on the sidelines of the Seventh Regional Economic Cooperation Conference on Afghanistan( RECCA VII) on November 14, 2017 in Ashkhabad, Turkmenistan.
This regional Conference focused on Women’s empowerment and provided the opportunity to discuss with regional and international partners the ways to strengthen women’s empowerment in Afghanistan as well as the future engagement of the Participating countries in this area in line with the priorities outlined in in the National action plan for the Women of Afghanistan (NAPWA), the Women’s Economic Empowerment Program (WEEP). In this Conference Asian countries, including Afghanistan, Uzbekistan, China, India, and Tajikistan participated.
Key concepts and proposals for the conference were, Establishment of a regional network of influential women (Advocacy council), Initiation of a dedicated regional exhibition for women entrepreneurs, signing of memorandum between AWCCI and two Business organizations of Kazakhstan, and announcement of a scholarship program for women.
MoU signed by AWCCI and “Association of Business Women in Kazakhstan”. Based on this memorandum AWCCI and Association of Business Women of Kazakhstan will have the following areas of mutual cooperation:
- Developing and implementation of projects in the field of development of women and youth entrepreneurship
- Organization and conducting the educational programs, including distance learning the basics of entrepreneurship (Online courses and Webinars)
- Organization and conducting the conferences, roundtables, and forums for the exchange of experience, ideas and development of entrepreneurial knowledge and skills
- Organization of internships for the exchange of experience and knowledge in the field of entrepreneurship
AWCCI signed a Memorandum of Understanding with National Chamber of Entrepreneurs of the Republic of Kazakhstan “Atameken” Council of Businesswomen (NCERKA CBW) on September 5, 2018. This MoU is an outcome of the preconference and conference discussions. The purpose of this MoU is outlined below:
- Facilitate cooperation between the two parties in areas of mutual interest- Technical skills Development of potential and existing women entrepreneurs at rural community level.
- Facilitate Market linkages for rural products at national and international level.
- Improve women economic participation through organization of technical trainings and information sharing between both parties.
- Develop strong partnership initiatives in the framework of this MoU with the aim to contribute to the socio-economic recovery of Afghan women through replicating best practices of Kazakhstan on women Small and Medium entrepreneurship.
- Establishing showrooms for each other’s products in Kabul and Astana.