|Number of Vacancies||1||Years of Experience||3|
|Functionality Area||Extension possibility|
|Salary Range||As per AWCCI Salary Scale||Required language||Dari, English, Pashto|
|Contract Duration||Long Term (Three months Probationary)|
|Contract Type||Long Term|
|Work Type||Full time|
A group of businesswomen realized the lack of a platform to specifically serve businesswomen’s needs in the country and the need to do policy advocacy so they collaborated and established Leading Entrepreneurs for Afghanistan’s Development (LEAD). LEAD was established in 2013 and officially launched on January 22, 2014.
LEAD changed to Afghanistan’s Women’s Chamber of Commerce and Industries on March 12th, 2017 through the approval of the High Economic Council of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan presided by H.E. the President Mohammad Ashraf Ghani.
Vision: An Afghanistan in which Afghan women and female entrepreneurs have national and international recognition for their contribution in the sustainable economic development of Afghanistan and unimpeded access to economic opportunity and prosperity.
Mission: AWCCI works to meaningfully represent, advance, and secure Afghan women’s economic interests, nationally and internationally.
Goal: To create a viable business/work environment in the private’s sector of Afghanistan for women to participate and contribute to the economic development of Afghanistan.
AWCCI conducted its activities towards achieving its goal and fulfilling its mission under two main titles:
- Unifying Our Voice – activities under this title meant to work with women business owners, increase their awareness and enhance their participation towards the common goal of reflecting concerns and interests of women business owners in policymaking.
- Let’s Collaborate for a Better Result – activities under this title were conducted with partners within and outside Afghanistan to enhance opportunities for women business owners.
- Research (academic and policy-related): The objective is to provide data that can be used practically in developing Afghan Government and donor organization policies related to women’s involvement in the Afghan economy
- Sales support: The objective is to make a tangible impact on women-owned businesses by increasing sales of products, through local and international exhibitions, differentiating Afghan women-made products in international markets, and promoting women-made products through the AWCCI’s communications channels
- Investment support: Mitigate risks and open up opportunities for female investors in the Afghan economy by providing market insights, improving access to finance, and facilitating access to infrastructure
- Advocacy and raising awareness: The objective is to ensure that the contributions of businesswomen in the Afghan economy are recognized and promoted, and the perspectives of Afghan businesswomen are considered in both Afghan Government and international donor policies and programs
- Capacity building for both existing and aspired entrepreneurs: The objective is to provide training to Afghan businesswomen and entrepreneurs to increase their knowledge in various subjects related to business. AWCCI has and would like to maintain an A-Z guide for both expansions and start-ups in both national languages Dari and Pashto.
AWCCI has launched Bibi Khadija Marketing and Environment Revolving Fund using the Small Grants Program by UNDP for women to have easy and no-interest loans for environmental protection and conservation by women businesses.
The Public and International Relation Officer will work under the supervision and with the direct support of AWCCI Management and the Board of Directors. She reports to the Deputy to CEO on a weekly, monthly, and yearly basis and has permanent and effective communication with all departments of AWCCI, AWCCI Main Office, Zone offices, members, government and non-government organizations, media and others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and design media updates, news briefs, and communication materials to share essential information with members in Database
- Newsletter production, Report, Success Business stories( English/Dari)
- Prepare Booklet quarterly of AWCCI members
- Arrange media related special events of AWCCI/Press Release
- Desk study of all the economic reports, researches
- Provide information about world opportunities to AWCCI and women businesses
- Maintain Communication with all relevant Zone Offices Board of Directors and Managers
- Promote AWCCI activities through social media
- Sharing Economic updates, RFPs, EOIs, and other opportunities with members in Database
- Liaising with, and answering inquiries from media, individuals, and other organizations
- Coordinate with Women Business Owners, understanding the perception and Concerns of the public, and by responding to them accordingly through various channels
- Analyzing public needs
- Analyzing the situation of public and demand
- Properly maintain all essential reports/news/success stories
- Filling High Economic Council Documents
- Photo Library
Long term (Three-month probation period)
As per the AWCCI salary scale
Bachelor of Public Relations, or Journalism, or English, or any other related field
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Research skills
- Writing skills
Pashto, Dari, English
Interested candidates, who match the above criteria may send their applications along with their CV to the below-mentioned email.
Please mention the Job Title (P & IR Officer) and Vacancy Number (PR 001) in the subject line of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for written test and interview.